What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer or mobile device when that user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise the user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions.
In addition to cookies, there are other types of tracking technologies, like scripts, used by some third parties to enable the services they provide to us, and we use some them on this website to help make our web content, emails and advertising more relevant to you.
Cookies allow websites to perform a variety of functions such as remembering that you have logged in, ensuring you have a stable and secure connection and much more. Most websites depend on cookies or other forms of tracking to deliver the best possible user experience, to understand how the site is being used in order to improve the experience of other visitors, and to deliver relevant content.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
What types of data do we use?
Depending on the tracking being used, different types of data might be stored and/or used. Most of our tracking uses anonymous data but some may include pseudonymous data like booking references. We use IP address to build anonymous information about general groups of users but we do not keep your IP address so it can never be used to link any information to you. If you are already logged into services such as Google or Facebook when you visit our site, they may link your visit on our site to the data that they have about you. We do not receive any such data. We do not track or store any personal data for third parties to access or use.
Manage cookies and tracking preferences
Browsers have different methods for controlling cookies and scripts. Please refer to your browser’s information about how to control cookies.
We use a number of suppliers who set cookies, or host other forms of tracking technologies like scripts, on this website in order to deliver the services they are offering.
Some cookies and tracking technologies can be controlled by using methods provided by the suppliers of those cookies and tracking technologies or by using these methods:
Restricting cookies or scripts
- may adversely impact the functionality of this website and other services related to the site
- will not prevent ads from being shown to you. Your preferences and history won’t be saved and can’t be used to serve more relevant advertising and web content so the ads and content you see could be less relevant to you.
- will not prevent emails being sent to you. If you’d like to unsubscribe from any emails, please use the unsubscribe links included in the emails you’ve received or contact us.
More information about the cookies and tracking used on the site is below, along with links to information about how to control them. Note that these links will take you to other sites. We are not responsible for the information on these other sites nor the setting of cookies and tracking by these third parties.