By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Completion and submission of an entry form will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Competition, including all information on how to enter the Competition published in publications of Celebrity Cruises (including social media if applicable) also apply to this Competition. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1. Residents of the United Kingdom and Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of Celebrity Cruises and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Competition (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. The Competition starts at 12.00am (UK time) on 24th February 2020 and closes at 12:00pm (UK time) on 9th March 2020 (“Competition Period”). Any entries received outside the Competition Period will be void.
3. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person. Bulk, automatically generated or third party entries are void.
4. To enter, participants must submit their name, telephone number and email address via the “Celebrity Cruises Apex Cruise Competition” Facebook post on https://fb.me/atH6lDJfxXUikY, https://fb.me/1J8NTAHoEdux1Ij, https://fb.me/1RhOrBot8NGLZ1O or https://fb.me/1YiOzeGKhGJqzJk during the Competition Period only. The social media profile of the participant must be genuine, and must not contain a false or fictitious identity, or another person’s identity.
5. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to remove from the Competition any entries submitted if, in its reasonable opinion, it suspects any breach of these Terms and Conditions or if it receives any complaint from a third party relating to such entry.
6. Entries which are not submitted in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Competition is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access when entering the Competition.
7. There will be five (5) Winners and five (5) Prizes.
8. The winners will be picked at random (the “Winners”).
9. Each Prize consists of one stateroom onboard the 4-night Celebrity Apex Preview sailing. The Prize includes a 4 night cruise for two people (one of whom should be 18 or over) on the Celebrity Apex cruise ship departing on 1 April 2020 from Southampton, UK (the “Prize”). Please note that Celebrity Cruises do not allow anyone in their 24th week of pregnancy or past this stage of pregnancy to board their cruise ships. The Winner and guest of each Prize will be sharing an infinite balcony stateroom. Accommodation is provided on a full board basis and the Prize includes discretionary daily tips to staff onboard. Prize does not include transfer to and from Southampton port, drinks package, speciality dining, laundry, spa or other chargeable amenities available onboard the ship. Winner and his/her guest must travel on same itinerary. All parts of the Prize must be used in conjunction with same booking. Winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passports having at least six months validity on the return date/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own expense.
10. The Prize is subject to the booking terms and conditions of Celebrity Cruises which can be found at https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/booking-conditions/.
11. The Prize is as stated and is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no changes requested by the winner shall be permissible. There is no cash or other alternative to the Prize in whole or in part. The Prize cannot be sold and may only be redeemed by the individual Winner.
12. The Winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the Prize. By participating in the Competition, participants agree that the Prize is awarded on an "as is" basis, and that neither Celebrity Cruises nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the Prize.
13. In the event that, for reasons beyond Celebrity Cruises' reasonable control Celebrity Cruises is unable to award the Prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize. Celebrity Cruises also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Notification of the Winner and claiming the Prize
14. The Winner will be notified by phone via the telephone number they submit during the entry process, or using other contact details provided to Celebrity Cruises during the entry process, within 2 days after the end of the Competition Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the Winner during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid entries that were received during the Competition Period. The Winner may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
15. Winner will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 2 days of having been notified. The Winner must confirm all details required for the booking of the Prize cruise including all details for their travelling companion by Monday 16th March 2020. If the Winner has not claimed the Prize by the date specified Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to award the Prize to another participant.
Data Protection and Publicity
17. Subject to the participants' consent, the participants’ names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are the winner of the Competition in accordance with regulatory requirements. In such circumstances, Celebrity Cruises may also make free use of this information and the participants' photographs for publicity and news purposes, both during this and future promotions by Celebrity Cruises. This includes, subject to the participants’ consent, making their name available on Celebrity Cruises' websites and social media platforms.
18. The Prize provider and promoter of this Competition is RCL Cruises Ltd trading as Celebrity Cruises Inc. (company number 07366612), a company registered in England and Wales with registered office address at Building 3, The Heights, Brooklands, Weybridge, Surrey, KT13 0NY (referred to within these Terms and Conditions as “Celebrity Cruises”).
19. By accepting these Terms and Conditions and entering the Competition, participants release Facebook of any claims that may arise in relation to this Competition, and acknowledge that (i) Facebook is simply a social media platform that is completely independent and unrelated to this Competition; (ii) Facebook do not sponsor, endorse or in any way administrate this Competition, nor are they associated with it; (iii) any information provided by participants will be provided to Celebrity Cruises and not Facebook; (iv) any information provided by participants will only be used by Celebrity Cruises for the purposes set out in these Terms and Conditions.
20. Celebrity Cruises' decision is final and binding on the participants.
21. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Competition, their entry will be void.
22. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to award the Prize to another participant and to require the return of any part of the Prize already awarded.
23. Save where it has been negligent, Celebrity Cruises will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the Prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant's ability to participate in the Competition. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Celebrity Cruises' liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
24. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Competition (including altering the Prize) if, in its sole discretion, the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a technical or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Competition, Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such technical or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize through a further draw or to divide the value of the Prize between the winners of the Competition.
25. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Competition in a manner, which in Celebrity Cruises' reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Competition, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or Celebrity Cruises and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Competition at Celebrity Cruises' sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Competition, Celebrity Cruises may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Competition as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
26. Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on Celebrity Cruises' website, www.celebritycruises.co.uk.
27. If you are a resident of the United Kingdom then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland). If you are a resident of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the Irish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Competition or these Terms and Conditions.