Years of travel industry experience
I have 17 years of experience in the travel industry working as a travel agent, an overseas representative, and near on 8 years in the cruise industry.
Top destinations to pick your brains on
- United Arab Emirates: With its near on guaranteed weather, similar time zones to the UK, unique cultural identity and modern cities of Dubai and Abu Dhabi, this country ticks all the boxes.
- The Amalfi Coast: Naples, Mount Vesuvius, Pompeii and Herculaneum, Capri, Sorrento, this list goes on!
- Greece: Gorgeous scenery, amazing food, ancient ruins, great people.
- Florida:The starting point for many Caribbean cruises but there is so much more to Florida. Miami is a must see by day or by night, croc spotting in the Everglades, and there is such a wide choice of theme parks in the Orlando area. For a family trip, you can't go wrong with Florida.
- The UK: We sometimes forget what a fantastic country we live in! World class cities, plenty of national parks, diverse local identities and world beating tourist attractions.
Best port you’ve sailed to, and why?
Nice (Villefranche). Worth it just for the views from your balcony stateroom as the port is stunning. Villefranche is the gateway to the French Riviera, Nice to the East and Monaco to the West. Enjoy!
What couldn’t you travel without in your suitcase?
With such a wide selection of food onboard it's difficult to say no, so I could not cruise without my running shoes!